Know Before You Go: The Hendersonville Christmas Parade
Main Street hosts several parades throughout the year, but the most special parade is the Christmas parade. Each year, locals and tourists alike line Main Street to enjoy an old fashioned holiday parade. It’s a great way to jump start the holiday season with plenty of good cheer.
Here are a couple of quick facts about the 2019 Christmas parade:
- The parade begins at 10:30 a.m. and goes until 11:30 on December 7.
- It begins in front of Hendersonville High School and travels all the way to Caswell Street.
- This parade can get crowded, so plan to arrive at least a half-hour early and wear comfortable shoes because you will be standing for quite a while.
- It features fire trucks and antique tractors and marching bands and much more.
- Kids love this parade not only because of the sights and sounds, but also because the parade participants toss plenty of candy.
- And, of course, this parade culminates with a visit from Santa himself.
Attending this parade is like stepping into a Norman Rockwell painting. For my family, this event is a Christmas tradition that we look forward to each year. My son loves watching the marching bands and tractors and catching candy from the parade participants. My husband and I love the holiday cheer and sense of community. If you have not attended this event before, add it to your calendar because it is a worthwhile way to spend a Saturday morning.